If you run a business, or want to run a business, welcome to The Business Project Podcast!
In this episode we cover:
Find a CPA
- What is the difference between a CPA and a bookkeeper
- When should you involve a CPA
- What can a CPA help with?
- How to know your CPA is a good fit
Find a Business Attorney
- Why do you need one from the beginning?
- What can a business attorney help with?
(Drafting a business plan, creating contracts, naming your business, hiring employees, patents and trademarks, bringing on other partners, selling your business)
Get Business Licenses
- What licenses do you need? (General business license, DBA, EIN, Sales tax permit, zoning permit, home occupation permit, professional/occupational licenses, health permits, fire department permits, environmental permits, sign permit, building permit, special state licenses like for alcohol, special federal licenses and permits)
- Difference between a license and a permit
- Specialty license and permits. Examples: HVAC company may need to now how to properly dispose of hazardous materials. Construction company will need to know various billing permits and codes in your area.
Helpful resources mentioned in this video:
JOIN OUR TEXT CLUB!
TEXT the word BIZVIP to 931-297-1983 to get motivational quotes and updates on new podcasts.
VIDEOS FOR GROWTH AS A BUSINESS OWNER
5 THINGS YOU CAN DO TO GET CUSTOMERS FOR $0
CFD Services Inc - Consulting, Bookkeeping, Payroll, Taxes